Back in June we shared the Pantone Color forecast for Fall 2011. Now, since fall is just about here I thought I would look back on that post and compare it to what is being offered by popular designers and retailers. Always fun to see which colors were clearly the most inspirational for the season. I decided to do a bit of a round-up of some of the biggest trends that I am seeing right now.
1. Mustard. I have been seeing this everywhere from Forever21 to Jcrew and beyond. It’s definitely a bold color, and I love how it’s being offered in everything from apparel to accessories.
2. Terra-cotta orange. This neutral spin on orange is definitely a must for fall. I love how it sort of brings in that vintage 70′s vibe.
3. Red. The classic red is back in a big way. Bold red lipstick, denim, accessories, you name it. Here are two of my favorite ways to wear red
4. Turquoise. Keep it fall-friendly with neutral accents. Like Navy, taupes and cognac leather
5. Taupe. This season I see a huge trend in taupe-hued accessories, nail color, etc…
Oh, and Leopard of course. Can Leopard be considered a color? I hope so!
Which colors are you excited to debut this fall?
all images found on my Pinterest board here.
Tags: color, fall 2011 color