I have recently seen some really fun and creative ways to jazz up otherwise plain holiday ornaments around the web. Above is a round up of some of my favorites that I have found in the colorful and sparkly variety. I am especially found of the confetti filled one (#3!) All of these DIYs seem to be pretty inexpensive projects so you won’t feel too terrible next year when you want to switch it up.Tweet
Archive for the ‘Color Color Color’ Category
Today’s color spotlight is one of my favorite up-and-coming colors: Emerald. I am not sure if it’s because it reminds me of my favorite musical of all time, but I just really love this unexpected green hue. I have seen emerald popping up here and there in my favorite blogs and magazines – however I expect it is going to emerge as a big player in the next couple seasons to come. What do you think? Do you love emerald too?
Click here to be taken to the original polyvore set.Tweet
It might be a little early to start setting out your holiday decor… however it’s never to early to plan for it! This year I am all about color and sparkle for the holidays. I like the idea of breaking out of the traditional red & green, blue & white mold and doing something with a little more whimsy. Those sparkle lights are pretty cool too as they do not need to be plugged in – I can’t help but think about all of the possibilities!Tweet
Happy November! Hard to believe that it’s already November – the holidays will be here before we know it! Today’s color spotlight is one of my favorite hues for fall – Teal. If you love turquoise, this is a great way to infuse that hue for fall/winter temps. Click on the Polyvore set above to view more information about each item.Tweet
Today’s color spotlight is on one of my favorite fall hues: Mustard yellow. Mustard is a fun way to add a pop of fall color into your wardrobe. Above are some of my favorite ways to infuse this hue into your everyday look this season.
1. Wrap Sweater – A cozy mustard sweater is casual chic when paired with black pants or boyfriend jeans.
2. Skirt. Pair it with a black tee or turtleneck for a cute fall outfit. Chilly outside? Just add some black tights.
3. Bright bangle. Add a little Mustard to your bracelet stack.
4. Crossbody bag. This cute little bag is perfect for everyday or a night out. The Mustard color makes an otherwise basic fun and unexpected.
5. Heels. These Mustard heels are the perfect pop of color for your LBD or black pants.
6. Infinity scarf. This scarf looks so cozy and is the perfect cold weather accessory. Pair it with your favorite dark sweater or jacket.Tweet
This fall add a little pop to your wardrobe with some brightly colored basics. All you need is one bright piece to liven up your outfit. Here are some ideas below…
1. Add some pop with a bright skirt. Perfect for pairing with tights and boots this fall.
2. This yellow pea coat packs a pop of color.
3. An everyday bag in a bright hue makes it anything but boring.
4. A bright scarf is the easiest way to layer on some color.
5. Fun colored flats will add a little extra skip in your step.
6. Give your basic cable knit sweater a fresh update with an unexpected color.
click on the image above to be taken to the Polyvore set with the product sources.Tweet
From the Pantone Website: “For spring 2012 designers are inspired by diverse influences, showcasing a range of styles and lifestyles, from free and playful and light and breezy, to contemporary classics. Colors likewise reflect these differing moods, encapsulating vivid brights, soft muted tones and fun-loving pastels.”
“Consumers look to spring for renewed energy, optimism and the promise of a brighter day,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “They have learned how color can help them alter a mood and provide the vitality and enthusiasm that enables them to experiment with new looks and color combinations.”
The Pantone Spring 2012 Color Report is out and it is fabulous! I am loving all of these colors and am especially excited to note that you will be seeing a lot of these hues in our new print release for Spring – which by the way I can’t wait to share with you all in a few months. Until then, I wanted to share with you which colors I am most excited about in this round up.
Tangerine Tango – Orange is going to be big this spring! It’s such a fun color and it will be interesting to see how retailers will embrace this color.
Cabaret – Doesn’t get much more fun than a hot pink! This color just screams Spring and Summer to me.
Sodalite Blue – You can never go wrong with a classic Navy. I especially love it paired with brights (like pink and turquoise) for spring and summer.
Cockatoo – Turquoise to me is always exciting (Blame it on the beautiful S. Fla weather!) and I am happy to see it still going strong moving in to Spring/Summer 12.
Driftwood & Starfish – Loving that these neutral hues are getting some attention. These neutrals serve as a great way to balance out some of the brighter colors for the season.
Check back later this week for my fashion week roundup featuring these colors in the designer runway collections!Tweet
Back in June we shared the Pantone Color forecast for Fall 2011. Now, since fall is just about here I thought I would look back on that post and compare it to what is being offered by popular designers and retailers. Always fun to see which colors were clearly the most inspirational for the season. I decided to do a bit of a round-up of some of the biggest trends that I am seeing right now.
3. Red. The classic red is back in a big way. Bold red lipstick, denim, accessories, you name it. Here are two of my favorite ways to wear red
4. Turquoise. Keep it fall-friendly with neutral accents. Like Navy, taupes and cognac leather
5. Taupe. This season I see a huge trend in taupe-hued accessories, nail color, etc…
Oh, and Leopard of course. Can Leopard be considered a color? I hope so!
Which colors are you excited to debut this fall?
all images found on my Pinterest board here.